[C320-list] canvas covers

Russell Monaco russgm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 11:08:32 PST 2006

Jim-
  I used a guy who not many people know about, he runs an outfit out of Vancouver, he has made numerous covers for the C320, and his web site actually shows a C320 at the top of the page, not sure of his price, but it was ALOT less than Fairclough etc.  it has held up very well (seems like new to me still after 3 seasons) it is designed exactly for our boat with the Mast up and all shrouds attached.  I could not find his price, but send him an e-mail or call him, the web site shows prices for "one off sailboats, but he has made many C320s. For what its worth I put it on by myself this past Fall, we get ALOT of snow, so I check it always after a snow fall to "shake it off", but he does provide an easy instruction sheet (with exact measurements) for a frame, that you can get all the pieces at Home Depot--I have never bothered, but if it snowed more I would, I geuss I probably should...
  http://www.boatcovers.ca/Boatcovers.htm

Russ Monaco
  Commodore C320IA
  Escape 621
  Stamford, Ct

JBrown5093 at aol.com wrote:
  Has anyone had any experience with winter canvas covers? Live in upstate NY
with heavy snow cover most of the winter. One company, the Canvas Store, has
one that they say will handle the load without framing. It goes over the boom
which I suppose needs to be braced, and then ties to the stanchions Others
require a substantial frame. How long do they last and what care is needed?
Shrink wrap is now about $400 and often goes on after the first snows, here as
early as late October so it would be an advantage to cover the boat myself.
Jim Brown Desafinado 1003