[C320-list] canvas covers

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Tue Mar 7 09:43:47 PST 2006

Jim,
   I have a $3,000 (approx. now?) Fairclough custom fit 'mast up'
canvas cover - without - the 'substantial frame' for sale for $500 plus
shipping from Worcester Mass if you are interested. It's 5 years old and
probably still has 10 years left in it. I also have used the cover one
year with the mast down which simply involved cinching up all the mast
and stay hole covers. If you are not familiar with the Fairclough it a 2
piece zippered together canvas tarp that has 2 doors, vents, and
completely covers the boat almost down to the waterline.
     I'm modifying the frame to fit my Nauticat 331 to cover with clear
shrink wrap applied by me from now on. The extra mast and quite
different deck shape makes modifying the cover way beyond me.
Stan
(formerly) Christy Leigh
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> JBrown5093 at aol.com 3/7/2006 9:42 AM >>>
Has anyone had any experience with winter canvas covers? Live in
upstate NY
with heavy snow cover most of the winter. One company, the Canvas
Store, has
one  that they say will handle the load without framing. It goes over
the boom
which  I suppose needs to be braced, and then ties to the stanchions
Others
require a  substantial frame. How long do they last and what care is
needed?
Shrink wrap is  now about $400 and often goes on after the first snows,
here as
early as late  October so it would be an advantage to cover the boat
myself.
Jim Brown  Desafinado 1003