[C320-list] (no subject)

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 05:17:14 PST 2006

I'm getting Cloud Chaser ready for her 8th season, hard to believe.  it's also amazing how good she looks for that period of time.
Last season I fougt with the roller furling line piling at the top of the drum.  I tried everything, called Sheaffer for suggestions. I lowered the block all the way to the deck, adjusted headstay and backstay tension. Although it did not eliminated the problem it did get better, it piles up at the very end if I'm careful to keep tension on the line.  With no tension it piles up immediately.
My question is, what's the answer?  I think it is headstay tension but I don't have a clue as to how to judge the proper tension.  If anyone knows the answer please share it with me, I don't want to go through another year of experimentation.

Thanks,
Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606