[C320-list] XM radio

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 17:31:25 PST 2006

Jim - I have had XM on Sea Shadow for about 2 years.  I tried a car antenna
for the first 2 years and it was not good.  To use it inside the boat, I
stuck a patch of Velcro on the portlight and a matching piece on the bottom
of the antenna and stuck the antenna to the portlight.  While in the slip,
the antenna had a north exposure so reception was not great.  So then I
would open the portlight and lay the antenna on top of the deck.  Reception
was great except that when it rained, water ran down the wire and into the
boat, even with the portlight closed.  So over this winter, I finally broke
down and installed the marine antenna.  A picture of the install is on the
C320 website under the Sea Shadow album.  The boat is still on the hard but
reception now is better even than in the car.  The hardest part of the
marine antenna install is drilling the holes in the SS tubes; I just wish I
had done it right the first time...

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD