[C320-list] Perkins Water Pump or ?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 07:19:32 PST 2006

Rollie, my bet would be the water pump.  To be sure, take a long screwdriver, place the business end against the water pump (outside of the belt,) then put your forehead against the end of the handle.  This will allow you to hear what is happening inside of the water pump.  If that is the source of the screaming, it should be obvious.

I would tell you to buy a probe stethoscope, but don't know where you could find one.  I bought mine at Harbor Freight Tools
  http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=41966
we have a local store.  This place is wonderful for tools.  Prices are unbelievable on many things.  Even if they are not of "professional" quality, for the DIY-person they meed the need.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay