[C320-list] 3YM-30 Transmission Oil

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 18 07:34:50 PST 2006

Kurt,

  The Yanmar manual and other books on Yanmar recommend a straight 30 weight oil.  Yanmar also recommends the Orange antifreeze to replace the green.  It's not really red.  If you call you local Yanmar dealer I'm sure he will confirm that

  John (Sojourn645)

"Kurt R. Budelmann, M.D." <krbmd77 at charter.net> wrote:
  Anyone with the new 3YM-30 Yanmar now which oil to use for the transmission?

Also anyone having overheating problems? I read a thread on the web about overheating problems with the red anti-freeze, but I could not understand why one would use the red anti-freeze when it is listed as being for storage only.
__
Kurt
Everwind #1035