[C320-list] VHF Remote/RAM Mic

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 06:22:18 PST 2006

As to mounting, I purchased one of those white mop
handle clips (actually they come in pairs) with the
ribbed rollers. Using #8 stainless nuts and bolts (and
a little redrilling) I fastened it to a stainless mic
clip back-to-back.

I then clip it to the pedestal guard when in use. I
can adjust it as the circumstances suit me. I lock up
the mic when not in use to extend its life...they are
not truly weather"proof", just incredibly weather
resistant(nor theft proof either). There a substantial
number of reports of failure on these mics after about
three years if left connected continually. Mine is a
2001 and like new.

The mop clip will deteriorate from UV, the rollers
will break after a couple of years and the metal will
begin to rust. But for $1.29 and incredible
convenience in being able to locat the mic where I
like it, gotta luv it.

As to routing, sorry it was already installed when we
bought the boat.

--- Walter Schaffer <bohpilot at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone installed a remote RAM Mic+ at the helm
> area?  Where did you put Mic mount?  And, how did
> you
> route wiring?  RAM Mic+ is Standard Horizon model.
>
> Bill Schaffer
> Bohemian II, #515

> !!- Archives Here:
> http://www.catalina320.com/list/archives