[C320-list] VHF Remote/RAM Mic

Ray Durand durand.mail at verizon.net
Tue Mar 21 08:21:05 PST 2006

I installed mine on the helm pod.  There's a perfect spot on the upper, port
side of the instrument housing.  I had some tutoring from Jeff Hare who had
already done it on his boat before I did.  At the time, the manufacturer
recommended not cutting the microphone cable, so you have to make room for
the connector in the channel.  You have to pull all of the existing wires
from below, run the RAM Mic cable from above, then pull the wires back up
and reconnect.  All of the wires are color coded and have terminals.  It may
sound complicated, but it was relatively easy.  I used a wood drill bit on
my hand drill to cut out the mounting hole - it cut very easily.  Having the
microphone on the helm is very convenient.

Ray Durand
Marina del Rey, #822