[C320-list] Clamcleats

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 03:51:31 PST 2006

Personally, I like the little red levers over the camcleats.  When one
popped off several years ago, I left it off for a few days but quickly
reinstalled as I wound up missing it.  I control the main only from the
starboard side.  I find that the lever keeps the mainsheet from "jumping"
out of the track when I am adjusting the main.  I pull or winch the sheet
with my right hand and when I have it where I want it, only need to push
down with my left hand instead of pulling the sheet into alignment with the
camcleat track and then pushing down.  I find the lever more efficient and
probably a little safer to use.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD