[C320-list] New Head Replacment

Dave dbrabin at optonline.net
Mon May 1 19:26:40 PDT 2006

I just finished installing a Raritan PHii head in place of the Jabsco.
Looked at Lavac, but decided that the new pump, location and plumbing
was just gonna be too involved.  Boat's still on the hard, so haven't
had a chance to use it yet.  I thought the tough part was removing the
existing Jabsco, without creating an "environmental spill" so to speak.
that worked out well.  The new head went in without too much trouble.

Also replaced the exhaust hose, from the head to the tank.  I looked
inside the hose at the tank end, and it was almost totally closed up (as
I imagine my arteries are becoming) with white deposits.  There was
maybe a 1/4"-1/2" passage.  I suspect that was one reason why pumping
was so difficult on the old pump.  Notes on the web sometimes indicate
that pump rebuilding doesn't work well.  Given what I saw in the hose,
perhaps the pump isn't the only problem...

If anyone's interested, will provide a more complete usage report...

dave
"Wind Chill"