[C320-list] Regatta 2006 Q&A by Gerry Douglas

dickwalker at att.net dickwalker at att.net
Tue May 2 15:39:46 PDT 2006

Why was the frangus placed behind the whatever........Now is you chance to
ask the designer.

Please send all your questions for the Gerry Douglas Q&A directly to:

 Rod Boer [rod.boer1 at verizon.net] and CC the C320-List

Rod is willing to collect all the questions by email from the membership by

August 15th, edit them for completeness, and remove those which are similar.

He will also assign them to categories, deck, engine, mast etc.  He has a

small inexpensive tape recorder that he can bring but it would probably be

smart if someone else also brought a back up recorder.  He will organize the

answers and have the session documented for the Mainsheet.

BACKGROUND

On Saturday Evening Gerry Douglas will be speaking at the dinner.  The

format will be like the 2001 regatta.  Gerry will be responding to Q&As,

many which will come in advance of the meeting.   We however did not record
the

replies and many of the members that were not at the meeting wished that

we  made a copy for the mainsheet and the web.

The Plan

1. Jeff and Rod work together on this. (Not me, I am too busy with the

planning)

2. Rod will bring a small tape recorder to capture Gerry's remarks.

3. The remarks are edited and passed by Gerry prior to publication.

4. The entire session be a lead article in the Mainsheet and then put

on the web.

5. That Rod will collect all the questions by email from the

membership by August 15th, edit them for completeness and remove those

which > are similar.  Perhaps assigning them to categories, deck, engine,
mast etc.

6. Provide the questions to Gerry by September 1st.

7. The above will not preclude questions from those at the meeting.

ACTION

Members send Questions to Rod.

Richard A. Walker