[C320-list] Feathering Propellers

June Bruce brucestanley36 at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 21:25:03 PDT 2006

I have just had a short 1 hour 15 minute trip on our new C320 with it's new
Kiwi Feathering Propeller (under Motor only, boom and many other items still
to be installed).

In forward the propulsion was impressive. In reverse it was very positive
with spot on steering ... nil prop walk and lots of power!

One of the Catalina workers (Australia) volunteered the advice that the KFP
was outstanding (compared to the factory fitted 3 bladed prop, particulary
in reverse).
This was good to hear as I have to justify the AU$1995.00 I spent.
(AU$1975+$20 delivery)

It is 1 to 2 weeks away before the Catalina Australia crew finish off the
commissioning on Fantastic Lady.
Then we will test the Kiwi Feathering Prop under sail ... hope and trust the
results will be as positive then.
In Australia we pay about US$150 more for a Kiwi Feathering Prop the USA
customers! (Thanks to the Australian Value Added Tax). Seems crazy with NZ
so close to Oz.

Happy Sailing
Bruce Stanley #1084
Fantastic Lady