[C320-list] Electrical issue

jams9191 at comcast.net jams9191 at comcast.net
Fri May 19 12:26:53 PDT 2006

I keep my boat on a mooring and went out to it for the first time yesterday.  The voltmeter on the boat reported less than 12 for battery 1 and about 12 for battery 2.  My float switch in the bildge worked only when the battery indicator was on "both".  Also when on battery 1 my vhf had sound but no digital number showed.  When I placed the battery switch on both the vhf reported sound and the number light.

I assumed the marina forgot to charge the batteries before returning them to my boat so I called to have then fix the problem.  They just called and told me that both batteries are reporting 13.5 volts.  Any ideas what is happening?

Sandy Olson
hull 466
Cape Cod

From: Orlando.Duran at AveryDennison.com