[C320-list] Fore Stay Furling Gear

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Thu May 4 12:49:10 PDT 2006

Quentin - I use a Harken block with cam cleat attached to the aft port side
stanchion for rolling in the furling line.  A pix of this block is in the
Sea Shadow album on the C320 website.  What is not shown in the pix (and I
don't know why) is that once I furl, I push the furling line under the deck
cleat forward of the stanchion in order to keep it at deck level and prevent
tripping while getting on and off the boat.  If you still use this cleat
however to tie off the reefing line, then this solution won't help.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD