[C320-list] Broach

Jean-Pierre Salzmann jps1031 at pacbell.net
Mon May 8 17:58:40 PDT 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Adam Weiner wrote:

> Unless you sail in SF Bay you wouldn't believe that sort of thing can
> happen

Adam: I belive you! Before sailing SF Bay I sailed the Med -- and I
remember a similar experience -- off Cannes on the French Riviera the
wind went from 5 to 25 knots within seconds -- the spinnaker virtually
exploded -- which saved us from a slam down --  and gave us later a
reason to get a new sail -- the exploded one was beyond repair.

JP Salzmann
OM
C 320  # 880