[C320-list] Jib Sheets Jamming

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Wed May 10 14:50:04 PDT 2006

I haven't made the change, but have the problem.  See the picture in my
album on the web site.  The ideal solution is to have a toggle that
actually fits the chain plate, with a much shorter clevis pin to match.
  You can try to convert the toggle by squeezing it with a vice, but I'm
not sure what the engineers would say about that solution.  Brion Toss's
rigging book is pretty clear that you don't want toggles that are too
wide because they lead to substantial unsupported bending loads on the
clevis pin.