[C320-list] Cabin table

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon May 15 11:32:34 PDT 2006

I am in the process of refinishing the table.  In dissembling the base to clean it up, I discovered that the gas tube is secured to the top part of the base by a snap ring.  This keeps the top from lifting off and keeps the gas tube centered in the base.  I'm thinking that those of you who can lift off the table with the upper part of the base still attached have lost the snap ring.  If you find the table difficult to compress, it may be because the gas tube is not centered and you are having to exert more pressure to compress it.  Check it out.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay