[C320-list] Traveler issue

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Tue May 16 10:49:11 PDT 2006

Russ,
   I've only seen a couple different brands of travelers - but they are all the same. My (maybe extreme) solution to fix that and the issue of slicing my wife's neck as she lounges against the bulkhead was to move the lines out around the dodger and back to cleats at the forward stanchion of the pushpit (pictures on the web). I then had to step over those lines going forward but the trade off was worth it to me - and my wife who could enjoy sailing the way she wanted to - from the horizontal. I just figure that if I'm not agile enough to step over a line then I have no business going forward any way.
Stan
(formerly) Christy Leigh
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> russgm at yahoo.com 5/16/2006 1:24 PM >>>
    I assume I am not the only one with this problem:
To use the traveler, you need to keep tension on one side as you pull in the other, otherwise you get lines bunched up on the traveler.
The design of the traveler i beleive causes this...Has anyone come up with a way to avoid the traveler line getting caught up?

  Russ Monaco