[C320-list] Traveler issue

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 10:53:03 PDT 2006

Russ,
I a bit confused, but then that is typical for me.

I haven't experienced this nor can I visualize it
happening. The only time I have the traveler control
lines bunch, is when I gybe or tack without having
snugged up the leeward line or occasionally when
letting out the boom to leeward after swinging
downwind from a close reach.

In the former instance a quick tug on the leeward line
before going back to the helm avoids problems on the
next tack. In the latter, it isn't too difficult to
keep the leeward side tensioned as you are releasing
the windward side. It isn't an issue often enough for
me to have considered a work around.

--- Russell Monaco <russgm at yahoo.com> wrote:

>     I assume I am not the only one with this
> problem:
> To use the traveler, you need to keep tension on one
> side as you pull in the other, otherwise you get
> lines bunched up on the traveler.
> The design of the traveler i beleive causes
> this...Has anyone come up with a way to avoid the
> traveler line getting caught up?
>
>   Russ Monaco

> !!- Subscribe Here:
> http://www.catalina320.com/list/join