[C320-list] mast

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 19:41:48 PDT 2006

Because we have forward lowers, we can bend the mast slightly as the
lower third of the mast stays put but the top of the mast can move aft.
 This actually does put a bend in the mast and will slightly flatten
and de-power the main.

If you set up your rig tune as suggested by Mark (darn, I seem to have
developed a case of some-timers disease and can't remember his last
mane) from Quantum Sails in Texas suggested (more tension on the
forward lowers than on teh aft lowers), we can even slightly pre-bend
the mast.

Steve
Alchemist #909