[C320-list] What is this?

David Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Sun May 28 14:32:05 PDT 2006

Jeff:

The top bearing on the Hood furler is about  4" long with a flange on top
that extends out beyond the furler wall.  This is held in place with two
plastic  anchors about an inch and a half long.  These fit into the sail
track groove and then screws extend down through the flange into the
anchors.  I have had to replace mine a couple of times.  When the upper
swivel is raised beyond the end of the furler tube, it hits the bearing
flange and may pull the screws out.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150