[C320-list] Racing Questions

Arthur Gates argates2nd at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 14 04:35:15 PST 2006

We started club racing yesterday with a SW FL phrf of 189 with the wing
keel.
Does that rating allow for a cruising setup (dodger, bimini, anchors,
etc.)?  If not, how much more should cruising setup provide?

How much above the furler should a 150 genny be hanked?  I have been taking
the sail near the top of the forestay, or about 18" above the furler -- for
better visibility under the sail and to clear much of the bow pulpit.  I
suspect that is too high for good sail efficiency?

Thanks, Rollie        #182    Buckeye II     in Burnt Store Marina