[C320-list] Subject: Leaking Around Companionway Hatch

Sail0983 at aol.com Sail0983 at aol.com
Mon Nov 20 11:09:10 PST 2006

In a message dated 11/20/2006 12:01:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
c320-list-request at catalina320.com writes:

Subject:  [C320-list] Leaking Around Companionway Hatch

Kurt

I have been chasing a leak for the better part of the summer. Mine does not
leak into the galley by water appears in the storage compartment just behind
the  hanging locker. I have looked everywhere and spent several rainy
afternoons  taking thing apart looking for the source. I have been thinking about the
source  being around the companionway hatch based on the fact that the leak
seems to be  worse if the weather blows in from the stern. I talked to Gerry
Douglas at  the Annapolis Boat show and sent him pictures. He said he would look
at the  drawings and get back to me. Have not heard anything from him yet but
it's only  been a month or so. Was your boat built in California or Florida.

Dave Marchant
Illumination #983
Solomons, MD