[C320-list] ATN Tacker or Parrel Beads?

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Wed Nov 22 06:00:02 PST 2006

I have an ATN Tacker on my asymmetrical spinnaker, but I damaged it and may
need to replace it. I find that it doesn’t slide easily when loaded
sometimes suggesting it may simply be too small for my 150 Genoa with a foam
luff, so I’m considering the Parrel Beads option. Being too cheap to pay
Neil Pryde $45, I’m thinking of making my own by drilling out some 2” nylon
balls (which I have yet to find) and threading a piece ¼” spectra line with
an eye splice in each end. I know, the labor I’ll have in the job will
vastly exceed the $45 from Neil Pryde, but after I waste a few nylon balls
and pieces of spectra, I figure I’ll be smarter for it and I’ll have a
lighter weight solution than any I’ve found so far. Has anyone out there
tried Parrel Beads instead of the ATN Tacker? Wood, plastic or nylon? How do
you like it?

Denny Browne

A Cappella #935

Redondo Beach