[C320-list] ATN Tacker or Parrel Beads?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 10:49:31 PST 2006

Denny, I made a set of parrel beads for an A-spin.  I got wood spheres from a hobby/craft shop and drilled them through.  I used a wire cable with a small thimble on each end covered with a piece of heat shrink tubing.  I took the drilled balls to my West Marine store.  They have all the metal parts and the tools to cut and press the fittings in-place.  I used a ss carabinger to connect the ends and attach to the spinnaker.  I can't tell you if wire is better than Spectra; but, it worked for me.

If I knew I could have bought them for $45, I would have taken that route; but, as you say, the expereince is worth the effort as well.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay