[C320-list] autopilot MkII vs S1

June Bruce brucestanley36 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 23 03:11:30 PST 2006

Hi Len
Thanks to this fabulous C320 List, I have closely followed your adventures
with your C320 #1070.
I have C320 #1084 in Sydney Australia, and love it.

However, I must say that your successful outcome with the Dealer and
Raymarine exchanging the MkII control head for the S1 was a very positive
result.
I have the MkII ... purchased just as the S1 was announced in the USA.
My experience with with this MkII is not at all satisfactory.
It does not work properly. We constantly do "S's".
Can you please send me details about how the 'exchange to the 'S1' worked
out ... I hope to follow the same path and you may be able to advance my
cause by supplying me your detials so that I can put them to my Catalina
Dealer in Sydney.

Any comments will be helpful.

Thanks
Bruce Stanley
Fantastic Lady
Sydney, Australia

========Len wrote:

Can only tell you my experience:  My boat was delivered with the 4000
MkII which worked OK for a few months, then went a little screwy and
Catalina "corrected", then more problems, so finally Catalina got me a
new S1, took out the 4000 Mk II and installed the S1 with boat in water,
all at no cost to me.  My understanding is there were some
insurmountable gliches and Raymarine bit the bullet on many 4000 Mk
II's------so I'd go only for the S1 which I love because it works with
nary a problem, and having the rudder position show is more useful than
you can imagine.

Len Krane

Aqua5   #1070