[C320-list] autopilot MkII vs S1

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Thu Nov 23 05:51:50 PST 2006

Bruce - Before you go trading out your Autohelm, give the settings below a
try.  For many of us, it added the "S" back to "ailing".  These settings
were for the 4000 but just may resolve your issues.  Let us know if they
work and I will update to reflect that these settings also are good for the
MkII. - Allan Field, Sea Shadow, #808

An important setting is drive type = 2.

 Calibration Lock             OFF
     Pilot Type               4000whl
     Rudder Gain                 2
     Response                    2
     Turn Rate Limit            20
     Align Rudder               0
     Rudder Limit               20
     Off Course Alarm            20
     AutoTack                   100
     AutoTrim                    3
     Drive Type                  2
     Variation                   0
     AutoAdapt                  nth
     Latitude                   The correct latitude for the location of
                                      the boat.
     Rudder Damp               4
     Cruise Speed              A