[C320-list] autopilot MkII vs S1 and putting the 'S' back in 'ailing

June Bruce brucestanley36 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 24 03:01:55 PST 2006

Hi Allan
Thanks for the MkII settings. I changed AutoAdapt to 'sth' and the latitute
to 33degrees.
Thanks to you, I have these from previous contributions you have made on the
List.
The only area of confusion is in the last setting:
"Cruise Speed A" ... I cannot bring up "A" but have put in "4"

Allan Field wrote:

Bruce - Before you go trading out your Autohelm, give the settings below a
try.  For many of us, it added the "S" back to "ailing".  These settings
were for the 4000 but just may resolve your issues.  Let us know if they
work and I will update to reflect that these settings also are good for the
MkII. - Allan Field, Sea Shadow, #808

An important setting is drive type = 2.

Calibration Lock             OFF
     Pilot Type               4000whl
     Rudder Gain                 2
     Response                    2
     Turn Rate Limit            20
     Align Rudder               0
     Rudder Limit               20
     Off Course Alarm            20
     AutoTack                   100
     AutoTrim                    3
     Drive Type                  2
     Variation                   0
     AutoAdapt                  nth
     Latitude                   The correct latitude for the location of
                                      the boat.
     Rudder Damp               4
     Cruise Speed              A
Thanks
BruceS

Bruce Stanley / C320 #1084 / Fantastic Lady
Sydney Australia

Advertisement: Looking for the latest range of toys available?  Go to
www.tradingpost.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etradingpost%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fbrowse%2FHousehold%2FFamily%2FToys%2DGames%2Floc%5FlocRZSQregtAVSCdistRZSQAVSCstateRZSQ9AVSCregRZSQ%5Fns%5FTrue%5Foff%5F0%5Fsqt%5F1%5Fsrchtype%5Fbrwse%5Fstpg%5F3%5F%3Freferrer%3Dplace2&_t=758874129&_r=emailtagline_nov&_m=EXT