[C320-list] Smart Regulators

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 17:09:50 PST 2006

Bruce,

Don't know how Aust  $$ convert to US $$.  However, I just put in  a new 40
amp smart charger.  According to the 12v gurus around, your  charger needs to
put out 10% of the total battery's rated amps...my two  batteries crank out a
combined 400 amps, therefore, I installed a 40 amp 4 step  charger.  This
charger will handle up to three battery banks.  It  provides a fast charge, an
absorption charge, a float charge and a recycle  charge.  With this charger, I
don't need any other chargers or gizmos to  add to my charging circuit....turn
this on, keep water in the batteries and  that's it.

I got a ProMariner Pro Tech 1240.  This was a replacement for an older
ProMariner, therefore I probably got a pretty good price.  The list price  is over
$600, Defender price is $433, I paid less than $200 by calling the 800  #.

Bert
At Ease