[C320-list] Fw: oooooopppppppps

Sun Nov 19 09:40:41 PST 2006

John,

I am one of those who feels the 350 is a dog on performance and plainly
weird down below...you made a good choice!
------Original Message------
From: John Van Vessem
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Nov 19, 2006 8:45 AM
Subject: [C320-list] Fw: oooooopppppppps

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
Bruce & List,

First of all I want to say that Cathy and I had a major disagreement in
deciding on a new boat.  She wanted the 35 and I wanted the 36, I was able
to win out strictly for technical reasons.  I didn't like the way the 35
was built (I think in Florida), I didn't like the workmanship, the plastic
door frames etc.  I didn't like what seemed to me an excessively high
freeboard.  I did not sail the 35, but my gut instinct told me I wouldn't
be happy with the way she sailed.  The 36 on the other hand is a classic
it, to me is just like my 320 but bigger.  The workmanship is the old
Catalina high standard, and it feels cozy inside not this voluminous main
cabin like they have on the 35, which by the way was what attracted Cathy
to the 35.

My hull number is 2295, which to me means that this boat is probably the
most built one in Catalina's line.  I don't know how many they are
building, but I will be going down to the factory to see how the top is
attached to the hull etc.  I will ask then what the annual throughput for
the 36 is.

I ordered:

cockpit cushions $593
Microwave $322
Cockpit dodger with side handholds $1953
Folding leather helm $428
3 blade prop $256
VHF Radio $833
Auto Pilot $5823
Wind Point/Speed $1695
2 kw Radar $2452
C 80 Chart Plotter $4479
In boom furling main $9040
Electric winch $3000
Poly Planner Stereo $2000

The boat is $144,756

She will be equiped with a 325 hp International.  Right now that is all I
know.

John Van Vessem
Sojourn 645
Vallejo Yacht Club