[C320-list] muffler leaking

Guy Henry ghenry at ebmail.gdeb.com
Mon Nov 27 09:29:07 PST 2006

I had the same problem during a 10 day summer cruise in '05.
On the muffler I have, the sides fit over the base.  My buddy and I
removed the muffler from the boat, ground out the area between the sides
and the base, re-glassed this area, re-glassed the area around the intake
and outtake ports, re-glassed where the muffler screws to the boat, and
reinstalled the muffler.
I've haven't had a leak since.  The whole job took an afternoon, mostly
drying time.

Guy
MoonShadow #115

<jsever1 at cox.net>
Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
11/27/2006 11:42 AM
Please respond to
C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>

C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>
cc

Subject
[C320-list] muffler leaking

My muffler was leaking yesterday---it appears to be coming from the bottom
(underneath). Has anybody had this problem and are they repairable--it
appears to be plastic. Thanks!

Joe Sever
Nanjo 148
Norfolk,VA