[C320-list] In Mast Furling (Free advice)

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Nov 27 17:07:52 PST 2006

>From my experience, Orlando's suggestion is about right when running deep
down wind. We typically ease the boom out as far as we can and use the vang
to allow only enough twist to keep the top of the sail about 90 degrees to
the wind.  If the top of the sail twists beyond 90 degrees to the wind (as
seen at the top of the mast), then you've allowed too much twist and are
spilling your wind, so add more vang.

-JeffH