[C320-list] Cracks in the memory

Dave Sparks dlsparks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:55:47 PST 2006

     It is interesting how the location of your boat and the location
of channel markers, even in many different cruising areas, seems to be
more resistant to memory loss than other memories, such as names. A
couple of memory jokes come to mind.

   Two elderly men are walking along the beach toward each other. As
they got closer, the one man recognized the other man as one of his
college classmates, but he could not remember his name. He decided to
bite the bullet and admit his faulty memory. So when they were within
speaking distance he said "I know we were in college together and that
I should know your name, but I've forgotten it. What is your name?".
The other man replied "How soon do you need to know"?

    There are three cardinal signs of incapacity associated with
aging: loss of interest in sex, loss of memory, and I've forgotten the
third.

    David Sparks

--
David Sparks