[C320-list] Main halyard kinks!

charles walsh chazw199 at msn.com
Tue Oct 3 16:33:59 PDT 2006

Can anyone suggest a better line for the main halyard then New England Sta Set X?  I replaced my original main halyard this spring with the Sta Set X and it is the worse line I've ever worked with.  It constantly kinks when going through the main halyard brake and stops the momentum of the sail falling.  This usually means a trip to the mast to finish lowering the sail.  It is very stiff and no matter how the line is straightened out it will kink.  Any help will be appreciated.

Charlie Walsh
Windrifter #317