[C320-list] Main halyard kinks!

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Tue Oct 3 17:32:54 PDT 2006

Charlie,
On our previous boat we changed out our wire/rope halyards we went with Sta
Set X.  Was very happy with the fact that it is very low stretch but we had
exactly the same problem you did with it jamming up at the rope brake.  We
finally came to tolerate it by flaking it very carefully on the lazarette
seat and then having it run over something before it goes to the brake. The
handle of a winch, boat pole....  Not perfect but it seemed to help.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal