[C320-list] FW: Re: exhaust elbow question

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Fri Oct 6 05:42:44 PDT 2006

Anyone care to weigh in on the value of insulating the elbow? I've seen it on boats either way and wondered if insulation might inhibit carbon buildup? Or is it just an attempt to reduce heat in the engine compartment? Or perhaps prevent buring due to accidental contact?

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://members.cox.net/mielen/