[C320-list] Battery Or Charger?

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Wed Oct 11 14:17:05 PDT 2006

Upon checking my batteries today, found one a little low, and the other  with
the plates exposed.  I attributed it to being extremely hot for  the last few
weeks, with the refrig working extra hard.  Anyway,  turned off all power
(A/C and 12v), cleaned the terminals (although not really  too bad), covered the
plates with distilled water (took over a gallon)  and turned on the charger.
Had to leave in three hours...the  charger was still running.  Both batteries
and three stage charger are  about 2 1/2 years old.  The built in meter showed
both batteries as  fully charged.  Did not have my digital multimeter meter
with  me.

My questions are:

-  Is the battery with the plates showing okay?
-  Since the charger was still running it occurred to me that maybe  it's on
the fritz and did not shut off as it should when the battery was  charged and
has been running ever since...thus burning up all the water...but  only in one
battery...?

Comments suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Bert