[C320-list] FW: Re: A-B Cold Machine: power consumption

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Wed Oct 18 15:17:23 PDT 2006

I did a check on mine earlier this year.

As I recall, the fridge was lightly loaded, I had an extra foam panel across the top as I usually do, the water and air temps were both around 75F. The compressor cycled on and off such that the duty cycle was about 33%. As a result, I figure 40 AH/day when cruising.

Has anyone tried extra insulation on the freon lines running between the compresser and the coldplate (at least the cold one)? My lines appear to be in some split loom tubing... probably provides little in the way of insulation.

It was also recently suggested that you install a fan inside the fridge to blow on the coldplate. Said to reduce the duty cycle and reduce temperature stratification within the box.

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://members.cox.net/mielen/From: Jeff Church [mailto: jjemail at comcast.net]