[C320-list] exhaust elbow question

Robert Seastream seastream at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 4 10:47:37 PDT 2006

I start my 2002 Yanmar 3GM30F up and idle around 1500 or so for a few
minutes, which is all it takes to reach operating temp of about 160.
Then I drop it to dead idle (~900), engage gear and go.  I usually run
about 3000 when under way.  As to deliberately cranking the engine
while preventing starting, I suppose that may make some people feel
more comfortable.  Don't do it for long lest you flood the
'aquamuffler'; such flooding might back up into your exhaust manifold,
thence on into the engine-not good.

Bob