[C320-list] Wheel questions

David Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Sun Oct 8 10:50:59 PDT 2006

Chris:

1.  How far out of alignment is the wheel?  Minor adjustments can be made
by adjusting the length of the cable where it joins the quadrant.  For a
major adjustment I suspect you would need to relieve the tension on the
cables, lift the chain out of the sprocket, center the wheel, reposition
the chain and re tension the cables.

2.  On Proud Mary, I have applied some grease to the shaft and hub of the
wheel.  I tighten the nut just enough so that it is more than hand tight.
 I have no problem removing the wheel.  During winter lay up, I remove
the wheel and take it home to protect the leather cover from the freezing
elements.  Like any metal to metal contact, the longer they are in
contact with each other, the more trouble you are likely to experience.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150