[C320-list] Bilge pump problem

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 14:54:01 PDT 2006

Dave Moores, I've experienced the fresh water pump not priming after pumping a water tank dry.  Solution is to open a faucet to let out the air trapped in the line.  The pump then primes just fine.

Re. the bilge pump: I think mine is a Rule, got it at WM, it has two plastic finger clips on the side that allows the motor to be lifted off the base where any detrius may be removed.  I think you can even replace the impeller blade, but the pumps (1,100 gph) are so inexpensive that there is more peace of mind in replacing the whole pump.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay