[C320-list] TV Antenna

Wed Oct 25 14:26:17 PDT 2006

Jerry,

I think this what Ray has....we will all be the Isthmus this weekend,
perhaps you can get off your ass and join us over there... :)

OD

             Robert Seastream
             <seastream at adelp
             hia.net>                                                  To
             Sent by:                 C320-List
             c320-list-bounce         <c320-list at catalina320.com>
             s at catalina320.or                                          cc
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] TV Antenna
             10/25/2006 02:22
             PM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

Jerry:

My father bought and used a 'Boatenna', made by a company of the same
name.  It worked very well.  See below link.

http://boatenna.com/framesample1_000002.htm

One advantage is that it's omnidirectional (most home TV antennas are
directional) so you don't need to fiddle with finding/pointing it
towards the TV stations.  It's also fairly immune to the effects of
boat rocking which changes the antennas polarization and can cause
'ghosting' and color distortion of the picture with other antennas.
It's easily put up/taken down.  As with most equipment bearing the word
'marine', it's ridiculously expensive at $70 for some assembled
aluminum parts, etc., but that's the drill.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906