[C320-list] TV Antenna

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Thu Oct 26 04:28:05 PDT 2006

Jerry,
   The Boatenna is what I tried last summer as a 'temporary' solution
until I mounted a permanent one on the masthead of my new to me Nauticat
but it worked out so well it will be years before re-contemplate a fixed
one. I have the space to just let it lay lashed to the pilothouse roof
and around NGBay within 10 miles of the Providence stations it comes in
fine. If I  hoist it up in the bay it's like cable for the major
networks. Even out at Block Island (20ish from stations) where I could
never get anything on my c320 with a big amplified antenna 2/3's of the
way up the mast I can at least watch the weather forecasts now.
Stan
formerly 'Christy Leigh'
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> Robert Seastream <seastream at adelphia.net> 10/25/2006 5:22 PM >>>
Jerry:

My father bought and used a 'Boatenna', made by a company of the same
name.  It worked very well.  See below link.

http://boatenna.com/framesample1_000002.htm

One advantage is that it's omnidirectional (most home TV antennas are
directional) so you don't need to fiddle with finding/pointing it
towards the TV stations.  It's also fairly immune to the effects of
boat rocking which changes the antennas polarization and can cause
'ghosting' and color distortion of the picture with other antennas.
It's easily put up/taken down.  As with most equipment bearing the word

'marine', it's ridiculously expensive at $70 for some assembled
aluminum parts, etc., but that's the drill.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906