[C320-list] Genoa Track

Wed Oct 25 15:12:13 PDT 2006

I had a 150% UK Tape Drive Genoa...great in all wind conditions but light
winds, poled out was specially good!

OD

             "Peter Clancy"
             <SAILORPETE at msn.
             com>                                                      To
             Sent by:                 "C320-List"
             c320-list-bounce         <c320-list at catalina320.com>
             s at catalina320.or                                          cc
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Genoa Track
             10/25/2006 03:02
             PM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

For successful racing, I believe it's essential to have a lightweight 150
or 155 in your inventory. Our boats are on the heavy side and seem to
perform best in light air with a big, lightweight genoa. I bought my
laminated mylar 150 from Nuclear Sails in Tampa about five years ago. It's
still going strong and shows little wear. Nuclear makes a unique looking
sail in that it's clear and you can see right though it. I also have a
mylar mainsail from Nuclear. The tracks on our boats are fine and allow a
reasonable range of adjustment. I've found the 150 to be effective poled
out on downwind legs when we don't declare a spinnaker.

Peter Clancy
AROBAN  C320  #222
Miami, FL