[C320-list] Port list and Hunter 46

Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Mon Sep 4 21:28:11 PDT 2006

OK, that makes some sense--maybe--with the earlier boats but surely with
over 1000 produced it could have been corrected.  Also, I don't really
think the boat is that narrow in the water line at the beam compared to
other boats the same size.

However, with that said, I tacked the other day in front of a Hunter 46
and in very light winds at the time (under 8 apparent) and my two bladed
fixed prop the darn thing couldn't get anywhere close to me.  When I
rounded the top of Angel Island and got into clean winds of over 15 plus
the thing was so far behind that when it must have came out of the lee
of Angel Island I couldn't see it.

Over 31 miles in 5 hours, 34 minutes, with a five course meal (it was a
charity fund raising sail which features a day on SF Bay with gourmet
food.

Adam