[C320-list] no forward or reverse

drshoffner at aol.com drshoffner at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 07:37:39 PDT 2006

Thanks to all who responded to my plea for help.  I went back to the boat on Monday and it appears th tranny is working fine.  I'm almost certain the problem is fouling of the running gear.  The amazing thing to me is that the boat was hauled and botton cleaned less than 2 mos. before.  At that time there was not a single barnacle on the screw and the boat had been in the water for a year following a new bottom job including 2 coats of epoxy barrier.  They had put a high polish on the screw with a wire brush at the time of the bottom job, but nothing else was done to the screw on that haul.  The owner of the yard says this has been an extremely active growing season.  He'll haull the boat this week, and I'll know for sure if this is the problem.

Thanks,
Mike