[C320-list] 50 hr yanmar fix it kit

Len aqua5len at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 09:49:12 PDT 2006

It's amazing to me how a simple statement of fact can get so distorted as it
passes "from hand-to-hand."

I originally posted the fact that new 320's from approximately # 1065
on---including my #1070---had Yanmar 3YM30 diesels with sensor feeder lines
that obstructed access to the valve cover---when Yanmar did "50-hour"
maintenance on my engine they could not adjust the valves.  After I
complained to my Catalina guy, they had a meeting at the L.A. factory with
Gerry Douglas and came up with a "fix Kit" that will re-route the lines to
enable normal valve cover access.

My kit was shipped from FL to Catalina at Marina del Rey; when they get it,
they'll have the Yanmar guy install it, and then adjust my valves.

So, anyone with 320 #1065 or higher should chaeck this out.

Len Krane
Aqua5 #1070