[C320-list] Blade falls off of Autoprop propeller!

Sat Sep 9 17:39:16 PDT 2006

Bruce,

Maybe 14 ft lbs? That would be an appropriate torque unit of
measurement....

240 buicks! That's a lot of cars... :)
------Original Message------
From: bruceheyman
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: bruceheyman
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Sep 9, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Blade falls off of Autoprop propeller!

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
Larry,
Sorry you lost the blade! I'd be very interested in how freely the blades
rotate when you get your prop back from the factory.  I just rebuilt ours
but on the direction of Steve Armitage I did NOT follow the original
instructions.  The original instructions call for you to tourque down on
the adjustments for each blade to 14 nm (I know I have the number right
but not sure about the units) and then back off 1/4 turn.  Steve told me
to just tighten them down until there was no play in any direction and the
blades still rotate freely.  The rebuild kit was about 240 buicks and
fairly easy to do. Hardest part was getting everything good and clean. I
also have the H5BB so no grease.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal