[C320-list] Regatta 2006 Recap

Mon Sep 11 22:03:42 PDT 2006

Well put soon to be Jr. Staff Commodore..

Btw...say hi to uncle Al, a cool guy to sail with...
------Original Message------
From: russgm at yahoo.com
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Sep 11, 2006 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Regatta 2006 Recap

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
Allan's words are eloquently put, this was really an outstanding event,
Kudo's to Dick who in his diligence raised the bar for all subsequent
Regattas.  My family and I really will chersh this weekend and all the
people we re-newed friendship's with or finally got to put faces to names.
No membership in this organization is compelte without attending at least
one of these events, make it a point to attend, and in fact help orgainze
in the future.  My special gratitude goes out to DIck Walker and his wife
Jurhee for an unexcelled event, to the Coronado Yacht Club for being such
graciosus hosts in such a spectacular setting, and on a personal note to
Orlando Duran for letting me share a wonderful afternoon cruising San
Diego Bay in his new CM440, Cuba Libre 3, and Allan Field for pointing out
all the windshifts!
As a quick recap:
We elected a slate of officers whose terms begin October 1, 2006:
Commodore Mike Lachance
Vice Commodore Karl Mielenhausen
Sec/Treasuer Pat Reynolds
Editor Rod Boer
Web Master Jeff Hare
Cheif Measurer Len Krane

Pleae join me in wishing them all the best of luck and thanking the
outgoing officers too!
Vice Commodore Warren Updike
Chief Measurer Peter Clancy

The annual race and half hull was won by Pooh 2.

-Russ Monaco
Commodore C320IA (for 18 more days!)

allan.field at comcast.net wrote: Thanks Dick and once again, many thanks for
putting on such a well-planned meeting.  We had a blast!  What a wonderful
opportunity is the meeting not only to meet up with old friends but also
to meet so many new ones.  Those of you who stay home just have no idea
what you are missing...

Allan and Linda Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD