[C320-list] If you don't like Adam's chit chat delete this

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 05:52:18 PDT 2006

OOH!OOH! I love the "chit chat" subject line idea!

Unfortunately...I'm too darned curious about what
foolishness is about to appear to screen anything out
and I even enjoy a chuckle now and then when someone
shares a good quip. I'm also too forgetful to
consistently remember to change the header.

In fact...as much of a gadget geek as I am, I
sometimes find the endless discussion of the relative
merits of different props, on sailboats of all things,
a bit tiresome. And having put many miles on full keel
hulls, I find the mention of prop walk on fin keel
boats somewhat ludicrous. I often wonder, when the
topic comes up, why anyone would advocate trusting
their boat to a $100 rubber mechanical shaft seal,
when a $10 GFX packing works as well, simply can't
rupture and can be replaced in the water if needed.

Still, I enjoy the exchange of ideas and relish the
occasional nugget of new information on old topics. I
hope I don't become so fossilized that I automatically
exclude consideration of this kind of information
without first questioning my own assumptions.
So...I'll continue to read every post.

More than most groups, this one shares their views and
their knowledge in a friendly courteous manner,
without being dogmatic, didactic or judgmental. So I
hope everyone will keep on contributing and continue
to keep it friendly.

Thanks to all,

cb

Chris Burti